Alternative treatment for Obesity
“The longer the belt, the short the life”
Obesity is a bodily condition which is characterized by excessive fat deposition in the adipose tissue. The main cause of obesity is consumption of food in excess of physiological needs. Obesity can occur at any age regardless of the sex. Obesity is a serious health hazard and is responsible for causing several heart related problems such as heart failure, diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, gout, liver and gall bladder related disorders.
Causes of obesity:
- Excess calorie intake
- poor dietary choices
- Hormonal imbalances (high insulin; low thyroid, testosterone, DHEA, or growth hormone)
- Lack of physical activities
- Lack of sleep (increases appetite and promotes food cravings)
- Low metabolism
- Medications (antidepressants and hormones)
- Stress (causes hormonal alterations that increase appetite and reduce metabolism)
Alternative treatment for obesity:
- Alternative treatment for obesity starts with the balanced selection of foods which provide the maximum essential nutrients with the least number of calories.
- Start alternative treatment by putting yourself on a juice fasting for at least 7 to 10 days.
- Drink juice of lemon, orange, pineapple, cabbage, grapefruit, celery during your juice fasting period.
- Long juice fast up to 40 days can also be undertaken, but only under expert guidance and supervision. In the alternative, short juice fasts should be repeated at regular intervals of two months or so till the desired reduction in weight is achieved.
- After completing you juice fasting regimen, try to adopt all fruits diet menu for further 4 to 5 days with 3 to 4 meals a day. Include fruits like grape fruit, oranges, pineapple, and papaya in to your all fruit diet menu.
- After completing your all fruit diet menu, gradually embark upon a low-calorie well- balanced diet of three basic food groups, namely
(ii) Nuts and grains
(iii) Vegetables and fruits, with emphasis on raw fruits, vegetables, and fresh juices.
- Try to avoid cheese, butter, cream, ice cream, gravies, fried and fast foods, bread, cake, candy, cereal product, legumes, potatoes, honey, sugar, syrup and rich puddings beverages such as all-fountain drinks and alcoholic drinks.
- Try to follow a great weight loss method which is known as the. Fletlcher method or"Fletcherism". Important rules of Fletcherism:
1. Chew your food to a pulp or milky liquid until it practically swallows itself.
2. Never eat until hungry.
3. Enjoy every bite or morsel, savouring the flavour until it is swallowed.
4. Do not eat when tired, angry, worried, and at meal-time refuse to think or talk about unpleasant subjects.
Horace Fletcher followed these rules for five months. As a result he lost more than 60 pounds and felt better than he had for 20 years.
- Another alternative treatment for obesity is honey lime- juice fasting. The treatment is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity without the loss of energy and appetite. In order to start this treatment make a mixture by squeezing ½ lemon juice in to a glass of Luke warm water, add 1 spoon of fresh honey. Try to drink this mixture at regularly intervals.
- Another effective alternative treatment for obesity remedy is an exclusive lemon juice diet. According, to this treatment , drink plenty of water on the first day(no diet – no juice)
- On the second day juice of drink a mixture made up of lemon juice of 3 lemons mixed with equal amount of water.
- Try to increase 1 lemon per day subsequently, until the juice of 12 lemons is consumed per day.
- Then the number of lemons should be decreased in the same order until three lemons are taken in a day.
- You will feel week on the first 2 days, but afterwards the condition will be stabilized by itself.
- Eat cabbage salad, if you really want to get slim fast.(very effective in reducing weight). maximum biological
- Along with diet treatment, try to adopt all other natural methods of weight reduction.
- Exercise is an important part of weight reduction plan. It helps to use up calories stored in body fat and relieves tension, besides toning up the muscles of the body. Walking is the best
exercise to begin with and may be followed by running, swimming, rowing and other outdoor sports.
Yoga as an alternative treatment for Obesity:
Yogasanas: Sarvangasana, halasana, bhujangasana, shalabhasana, dhanurasana, chakrasana, naukasana, ardh-matsyendrasana, paschimottanasana, vajrasana, yogamudra and trikonasana.
Yogic kriyas: kunjal and jalneti
Pranayamas: kapalbhati and bhastrika are also helpful in normalising body weight.
HERBS FOR OBESITY