Gastritis or gastric mucosa is an inflammation of the stomach lining of the stomach and may lead to several health related troubles such as ulcers, if left untreated.
Symptoms of gastritis:
Some common symptoms of gastritis are:
- Loss of appetite.
- Pain and discomfort in stomach region.
- Feeling of fullness.( after meal)
- Weight loss.
- Decreased secretion of Hydrochloric acid.
Causes of gastritis:
- Excessive tea, coffee, alcohol intake.
- Diseases like influenza, measles, diphtheria, virus pneumonia etc.
- Improperly cooked foods.
Alternative Treatment for gastritis;
- If you are suffering from gastritis then try to put yourself on a short fast of 2 or 3 days. In case of chronic gastritis, the fast may have to be continued for a longer period of seven days or so.
- Use fruit juices for your fast.
- After completing your fast, try to make a health all fruit diet menu and include fruits such as pear, grapefruit, pineapple, apple, grapes, oranges, peach and melon.
- After completing your all fruit diet regimen, choose a well-balanced diet of three basic food groups, namely : (i) seeds, nuts and grains, (ii) vegetables, and (iii) fruits on the following lines :
Upon arising: Drink a mixture of 1 glass lukewarm water + freshly squeezed lemon + spoonful of honey.
Breakfast: 1 glass of milk and fresh fruits, such as apples, banana, grapes, grapefruit or any available berries, a handful of raw nuts..
Mid-morning snack: One apple, banana, or any other fruit.
Lunch: Steamed vegetables and a glass of butter milk.
Mid-afternoon: A glass of fresh fruit or vegetable juice.
Dinner: Fresh salad of green vegetables such as tomatoes, carrots, red beets, cabbage, cucumber with dressing of lemon juice and cold-pressed vegetable oil, all available sprouts such as alfalfa seeds mung beans, fresh butter and fresh home-made cottage cheese.
Bed time snacks: A glass of fresh milk or one apple.
- Try to avoid chilies, nicotine, tea, coffee, alcohol, sweets, candies and meats.
- Alternative treatment for gastritis recipe: make a mixture of 300ml. carrot juice+ 200ml. spinach juice( highly recommended)
- Drink lot of water but avoid drinking water with meals.
- Coconut water is an excellent alternative treatment for gastritis. Coconut water is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for maintaining good health.
- Avoid hard physical activities, worries and mental tension.