Alternative treatment for bronchitis
Bronchitis is inflammation of mucous membrane lining of the bronchi and bronchial tube. It is caused by a respiratory infection due to cold or flu or by gastroesophageal reflux disease. There are 2 types of bronchitis:
Caused by viral infection.
Duration = up to 1-2 weeks.
Chronic bronchitis is more serious than acute bronchitis.
It is caused by long term exposure lung irritants (like cigarette smoke) which cam lead to inflammation and thickning of lining of bronchial tubes .
Causes of bronchitis:-
Improper eating habits.
Consumption of refined foods like refined cereals, white sugar, white flour ,soft-drinks, candies, ice-cream etc .
Prolonged use of medication.
Working in stuffy atmosphere.
Weather and environmental changes.
Symptoms of acute bronchitis:-
• Congestion of chest and sinus.
• Cough with yellowish-grey or green phlegm.
• Shortness of breath.
• Sore throat.
Symptoms of Chronic bronchitis:-
Shortness of breath.
Note: Bronchitis may also result in other serious problem like pneumonia, if left untreated. Elderly, smokers, and those with respiratory disease, are more prone to this condition.
Difficulty in breathing.
Hoarseness and pain in the chest.
Loss of appetite.
Alternative treatment for bronchitis:
- In order to treat sore throat, try to gargle several times a day using warm salt water and try lozenges that contain one or more of the following ingredients: slippery elm, marshmallow, vitamin C, zinc, eucalyptus, or menthol
- Another alternative treatment for bronchitis is to drink plenty of fluids (water, juice, and tea). Herbal teas, such as Throat Coat, which contains marshmallow and licorice, this remedy is also helpful in relieving sore throat.
- Try two teaspoons of horehound per one cup of boiling water. Add lemon and licorice to taste.
- Put yourself on orange juice and water fasting take the juice of an orange in a glass of warm water every two hours 6-8 times a day.
- Another effective alternative treatment for bronchitis is the combination of 1 teaspoon turmeric powder + 1 glass of milk , drink this combination 2-3 times a day on an empty stomach.
- Make a mixture of Ginger powder + pepper + long pepper this resultant have antipyretic properties and also tone up metabolism .( if you want take this mixture with honey or infused with tea )
- Take s hot Epsom-salts bath every night (highly beneficial in acute bronchitis).
Method: 3 lbs. Epsom salt + 60 liters water (100 o F). Patient should remain immersed in the bath for about 20 minutes.
- A hot poultice of linseed should be applied over the front and back of the chest.
- Take 1 teaspoon raw onion juice in the morning. Onion help liquefies phlegm and prevents its further formation.
- Go for a fresh air walk every day.
- In order to avoid virus from spreading, wash your hands frequently and also avoid rubbing your eyes, nose or mouth .
- Use an air purifier and humidifier in your room.
- Avoid smoking.
Yoga as an alternative treatment for bronchitis:
Practice yoga regularly and include:
Yoga Kriyas: Jalneti andvamandhouti
Yogic asanas: Bhujangasana, shalabhasana, padmasana and shavasana.
Pranayamas: kapalbhatti, anuloma-viloma, ujjai and bhramari